What to do if somebody hits your parked car?

Make a note of the person who has damaged your vehicle. However, if it’s a hit and run accident, it’s advisable not to follow the offender instead, make a note of the vehicle number or the model.

Note details of the

If you have a witness to the accident, ask them for details of the offender and if they would testify for you.

Engage with the witness

Photographs of your damaged vehicle will help you when you raise a claim as well as for investigation purposes.

Click pictures

Report the incident to the police with an FIR since they will proceed with the investigation upon FIR.

File an FIR

Inform your insurer about the incident and raise a claim for the financial losses due to the damages.

Inform your insurance company